Aa
A
A
Close
Bruise, blood blister or something else?
My mini goldendoodle has two red/black blotches/bruises on his skin.One of them is on his shoulder, is the size of a quarter and feels more like a blood blister. The other one is bigger and not round, and is on his inner thigh. Any idea what this could be?
Cancel
5 Answers
Page 1 of 1
675347 tn?1365464245
This may be nothing more than bruises after minor injury -such as playing too rough.
But my instinct is that you should take your dog to the vet for a complete blood work-up, and examination.
There may be a decrease in platelets, and it is important if so, to find out why. And to find out if there is any decrease in blood clotting time. This is quite easy to test.
A visit to the vet is the best thing to do.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
675347 tn?1365464245
Sorry....I meant to say, "if there is any INCREASE in blood clotting time"
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
462827 tn?1333172552
Welcome to the forum.....These don't look like blisters to me! Personally, I suspect a bleeding disorder.....You need to have your Vet run a full blood panel and look for abnormalities.

I wouldn't wait, because in case of a serious injury, she would bleed out before you could get help.....Please, come back and let us know what your Vet says.....I'll be interested......Karla
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
462827 tn?1333172552
I meant HE!!!!  Sorry....
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
974371 tn?1424656729
Agree with the above.  Best to have the Vet check this out as there are diseases or clotting disorders that can cause this.  Hope it is nothing serious
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dogs Community Resources