Bumps all over dog
My pit bull lays outside for long periods of time. This morning she was laying outside when I notice medium size bumps all over her body. She has about 50 of them. She is in no pain. The bumps itch, which makes me assume that they are some sort of bites. We gave her benadryl. We live in an urban city. She lays outback on our deck. There are a few plants around the area, but none directly in the yard. Any ideas of what could be causing this. We lived in the same house for about 2 1/2 years and nothing like this has happened before.
It sounds like heat bumps,make sure she is in the shade as she could be suffering from heat stress and its not good to let her have sun glaring down on her.If it happens again hose her down or put her in the shower and run cold water over her until the heat has gone.
If its not that it could be an allergic reaction to a insect sting ! and it might be an idea to have some antihistermine on hand as if she gets bitten on the face it could swell up and cut her air off.
Same thing happen to my Boxer last night . let me know if you found answers ***@****
Thanks for the responses. I know this is a late response, but a few hours after she received the benadryl the bumps had decreased greatly. So I believe it was a reaction to a bite or a sting.