Dogs Community
CHF <Congestive Heart Failure

This forum is for questions and support regarding your pet dogs!

CHF &lt;Congestive Heart Failure

Would you put your dog to sleep if your Veterinarian suggested that u do so?
20%
 (1) 
yes
20%
 (1) 
no
60%
 (3) 
maybe
5 Members voted
It would depend on the degree of pain my dog was in, and whether pain killers would help.  Otherwise, I would take it day by day and enjoy every extra one I got with my dog.
hey sorry to hear about thsi situation, my 14 years old female jack russell Jetta just died this afternoon of congestive heart failure or maybe heart attack im still in shock this is the worst thing ever shes  like my child and been through everything half of my 25 year old life actually more. you would have to give a little more information but the best i can help my opinion for my situation.I was just posting on here a couple days ago for help. Jetta was diagnosed with CHF (vet said she was early stages) 4 DAYS AGO!! I know everything that is wronge with her and when she is tryingt o tell me something she was like a little human more then dog. when she got on her meds lasix for fluid in the lungs and the other one for heart they always give out, she became less energetic and started to not eat as much of her favorite food BUT since she didnt have as much energy (and she would still act like a little puppy bouncing around when she was feeling good, cuz she would snap into these weird "episodes" and looked like she was having a heart attack n anxiety attack and breathing weird if she walked to much or even got too excited sometimes, but she stopped collapsing when on the meds, but thats when she started to not act like herself n just sitting and staring at me and trying to followme around the house.  but she never seemed like she was in pain pain and she was still wagging her tail and going to the door most times to let me know she had to go out (since she was peeing and dirnking ALOT) its very tricky to tell and tahts why its soo hard, but in general i would spend as much time as you could and get all HIS/HER family with her to be with her UNLESS she is obviously in 24 hr pain, because my dog died 4 days later after being diagnbosed of "early stages"! and she really only had a REALLY bad day today which she died in her closet and looks like she was awake. sorry for rambling and out of order not with it right now, let me know if you have any questions if i can help anymore! ill be on daily let me know some more info on your dog these very well could be last days i got ton of more info to help, best of luck to you and your doggy
- ryan
Those are always such hard decisions to make. It would depend on the age of the dog, the disease and quality of life issues. I've been down this road too many times over the years. I will do what I can for as long as I can but, if they are suffering and there are really no other options, then I feel it can be the last act of love we can do for our beloved pets and companions.