Can you breed a dog with Recessed Vulva?
Hi, I have a 9 month old GSD that was chosen to be one of are breeding dams for working class k9's. I recently learned that she has a recessed vulva. She has no infection and has had her first heat with some but not full correction. I have researched an spoken with many experianced breeders and they say this can help correct the problem. Is this correct? My vet is unsure, my number one priority is the health of my dogs and if there is a way to correct and have her a 100% safe and healthy puppies and unharmed male (we own the stud as well) etc... then only will I feel comfortable. Please share your thoughts, I am greatly thankful for the help

Jenn
Type of Animal :   Dog Age of Animal :   9 months Sex of Animal :   Female Breed of Animal :   German Shepherd Last date your pet was examined by a vet? :   April 04, 2011 City :   Altoona State/Province :   PA Country :   USA Other pertinent test results :   recessed vulva
You best bet is to take her to see a vet whose specializes in reproduction.
SIMPLY NO...AND UNLESS YOU ARE  A PROFESSINAL BREEDER/SERVICE DOGS/POLICE DOGS THERE IS NO REASON TO BREED. YOUR DOG HAS A DEFECT THAT CAN BE PASSED ON. THERE ARE PURE BRED GSD RESCUES ALL OVER, WITH PUPPIES. IF YOU HAD TO ASK THAT QUESTION YOU SHOULD NOT BE BREEDING PERIOD.
What an idiot. You clearly know nothing about breeding and even less as bout RV. There is no evidence to suggest that RV is genetic, and vets still know very little about the conditiinbitself other than it often corrects itself if not after the first heat cycle then often after the second.
Where do people like you come from? A cave? Just ridiculous...
There is no evidence to suggest that RV is genetic, and vets still know very little about the conditiinbitself other than it often corrects itself if not after the first heat cycle then often after the second.

I'm curious to know how your girl turned out now that so much time has passed. Any updates available?