Dogs Community
Chihuahua with seizures

This forum is for questions and support regarding your pet dogs!

Chihuahua with seizures

My 3 year old chihuahua has had seizures for at least 2 years. He knows he's gonna have one and comes to me so I can hold him and talk to him. There not really severe except maybe one or two of them. My question is he doesn't have them on regular basis so I don't want to put him on phenalbarbital until they do become more regular. Any suggestions to help him with homeopathic ways?
I don't really know enough about homeopathic medicine to recommend anything for seizures. But there would be no harm to take him for a consultation with a holistic vet (?) If you can locate one in your area? There may even be such vets who you could contact online....I don't know for sure.

So far you both seem to be managing the seizures. But if they do get more frequent, a vet's advice is the best thing.
hi my baby is a chi too!! He has seizures cause of the dog food!!!! It's a problem pug and chi's seem to have. It's a problem with the liver. It cant digest crude fat nor crude protein which r the main ingre. in dog food. The liver cant take on all that at one time! But most vets I took him to just didn't do any research nor tried to save his life. So I did a lot of studying about dogs the does and donts and then I found a medication that ended up saving a lot of dogs lives!!! I heard from vets all the way from new York. I was told I should become a vet. NO WAY!!! Im not going to but I will spread the word. After all of the studying and figuring out what he could eat and not cause a seizure. It didn't happen all the time so we weren't sure if he would make it but here we are 4 years later and he's still going strong. I have now taken him off that med, it's a a liquid and it was supposed to be for diaherria but for some reason it takes the bad ions in his brain and turns them into good ions. But I found something natural to give when your baby comes running to u please grab HONEY!!!! Local pure honey. Get one that has a little nozzle on it so u don't get hurt!!! Put it in the side of the mouth and slowly,u don't want them to choke give a shot of it, about 2 tablespoons should stop it or will stop it in less than a minute!!! Is awesome!!!! I don't have to c my baby go through the seizures anymore!!! I also feed him ground turkey meat, cooked to a crisp, and brown grain rice. I rinse it all when it's done then give him a cup in the morning cup at night sometimes I put honey in it if I think his levels r getting high. Please don't give your baby the seizure meds u will shorten his/her life!! Gives bladder infections uti's and kidney stones!!! Which u could give apple cider vinegar even for us humans breaks down the stone but still try to stay away from meds! I heard that aloe vera works too but vets say theyre allergic which I don't believe cause I know a lady that gives it to her chi for seizures. All of his seizures r gone!!! I hope this helps u! Im on facebook  may bassett mesa Arizona if youd like to talk to me further.