Coughing, maybe seizurere
I have a 12 year old dauschound.  She in the past seldom coughs or acts like she is choking.  It is happening more frequent now.  She was coughing so much this morning she fell off the bed in a coughing (maybe seizure) situation.  Got up and acted like nothing happened except coughing.

Appetite is fine. Energy still fine.  Just this series of (sounds like dry coughing).  Any words of expertise.  She is my best friend....
Bren I would get her to the Vet as she might need to get medication to keep this problem under control ! she is not getting any younger  like me lol.So please get her looked at and find out what is wrong.
Hope she will be ok.Let me know.
Diagnosing A Cough:

* A deep dry hacking cough made worse by exercise or excitement is a sign of Kennel
  Cough.
* A moist, bubbling cough indicates fluid in the lungs and suggests Pneumonia.
* A high, weak gagging cough, followed by swallowing & licking lips, is a sore throat or
  Tonsillitis.
* A spasm of prolonged coughing that occurs at night or early morning, or while lying on
  the sternum suggests Heart Disease.
* A "Goose Honk" Cough in a Toy Breed indicates a Collapsing Trachea.

All of these Coughs are treatable ......(Some are Curable).....In the case of Heart Disease, heart medications work wonders and are NOT expensive......Because your Doxie is a Senior, I wouldn't wait any longer....Get her to a Vet ASAP to get her cough under control.....She needs to be diagnosed, so proper treatment can begin......Good luck and please let us know how she is.....Karla