Dogs Community
Could it be cancer???

This forum is for questions and support regarding your pet dogs!

Could it be cancer???

My dog has gone to the vet several times, and they haven't determined what's wrong with him. He has trouble defecating. He cries and has a very hard time every time he tries to go. He used to get excited when it was time to go outside. Now he runs to his bed because he does not want to go. The other day he had a yellowish/orange liquid come out. Its was a large amount for a 5 pound dog. (I have been giving him sweet potato's so Im nit sure if that is related). He went to the vet and they cleaned out his anal glades and a month later they were full again.
From my personal research all of this points to anal glade cancer. I would really like an experts opinion before he returns to the vet this Wednesday.
Regards,
Carrie

7 year old male Chihuahua
Hello & welcome...This is not the experts forum, but I want to tell you that I have a friend w/ a tiny Chi that has to have his anal glands emptied every 4 weeks or he gets very sick.....She (My friend) has had it done for years....

There also, is a proceedure that can be done called an "Anal Gland Infusion"....It's fairly simple, but has to be done under anesthetic...Doesn't take but about 10 minutes....They go in and clean out the glands, then infuse an antibiotic ointment & steroid into the sacs.....This really brings relief for quite a long time, if not forever.....You might ask your Vet about it...

No, I don't think it's cancer! I think this is very common in small dogs.....

There's a question posted over in the Experts Forum pertaining to your very question....It has not been answered by a Vet as of yet, but you might want to watch it....

If you scroll down this page towards the bottom, there is a list (On the right side) under Related Experts Forum...You want to click on "Animal Health-General"....That will be the Experts Forum...Wouldn't hurt to watch and see what the Vet says or post your own question there.....Good luck & come back and let us know what you find out......Karla