Cushings/Canine
I'm wondering if there are any alternative/holistic methods to treat Cushings Disease or diet recommendations.  The thought of surgery is a concern, especially because my dog is older and has a heart murmur.  I personally use natural substances rather than prescriptions and I'm wondering if there is holistic approach to dealing with my dog's condition if it turns out to be Cushings.  I've been reading some information about a raw diet, and giving her milk thistle, vitamin E, etc.

Thank you so much for your assistance.
There may be something on this website to help you:
http://www.alternativepethealth.com/cushings-disease.html

I hope you find something helpful here. I do have experience with herbal medicine, but have no experience with Cushing's, and little experience treating dogs unfortunately. Dogs cannot take all the herbal remedies that a human could take safely, though many are ok.

Milk Thistle is fine for dogs. I would give half the adult human dose. But it is more a treatment/support for liver function. However as the liver is involved in nearly everything(if not all)  the body does, this might be good to use as well.