Cushings Disease
Hello
My Husky was just diagnosed with Cushings and she is so strong, with a long life expectancy so I am treating her. It is the second week on the meds. No change yet. Been up all night with her for a week. She needs to pee a lot because of the extreme thirst she has due to Cushings so she wants to go out every 2 hours. I can't take much more of this. I want my sweet dog back, not this crazy thirsty hungry panting house peeing beast that is inhabiting her body!

Anybody?
In this situation you need to be patient. Sometimes patience is the only answer. Your vet may be able to contain your dog for a little while to give you a break. The medication maybe having some side effects with your dog making it have to pee every two hours. But the good thing to keep in mind is at least its bodily functions are still in mint condition.
M
I have a husky/wolf mix that was diagnosed with cushings about 2 months ago. I know what you are going through. She is taking lysodren, she had to go through an intense 9 day treatment of it. It took her almost a month if not 6 weeks to start behaving like herself. She still does not have a hearty appetite like she use to, bust she is also overweight because of the cushings. BUt she is much better, the pee breaks for me was every 30 minutes during our six weeks. IT will get better I promise!

Take Care
My dog is an Italian Grayhound, I found out he has cushings disease years ago when he was about 14 years old, My question is, He is coughing and drinking a lot of course this is the disease, he has been on no meds at all he is old I know, I love him dearly you have no idea, I have Lupus and he has been by my side all through the years, He is right next to me under the blanket now,  does this disease make your animal suffer? He acts like a puppy! LOL, he is 20 years old! I know old right...He has every thing that cushings says about your dog, But when is the right time? you know? I do not want him to suffer at all, Please help me? Gail
My maltese mix was diagnosed with cushings disease and has been on medication for a week with hardly any improvement.  He pants and shivers all the time and wants to stay outside and sleep because he is so hot. He is a house dog.  Blood work and a sonogram did not show and tumor, masses or cancer.  It has been very hard and I really think he is suffering and I don't know what to do.  He is 13.
I would definately give the meds a little more time to work, and then call your vet.  Possibly they need to be increased to see any improvement.  Even when our dog had been on meds for awhile, she still was hot all the time and just wanted to sleep on tiled floors.  Have you seen any iumprovement in peeing and water drinking?