Cyst or Blister on Dogs Foot
Hi, My dog just developed a lump between his toe near the pad, and his nail next to it rubs it raw and it bleeds. We brought him to the vet and he has drops 2 times a day but it seems worse.  We put a bandaid on it and hope it starts to heal. We also have a lot of snow and it bothers him when it gets cold. I think we are going to end up back at the vet.  Thanks, Nashsmom
It sure sounds like it's just irritation from the adjoining nail, and you're on the right track by keeping it covered until it heals.  I'm sure it's going to be tough to keep something on that toe though!  Also, since it appears to be getting worse, it's good to keep your vet up on your progress (or lack thereof).  Since you live in a snowy area, are your roads salted or otherwise chemically treated?  That could be part of the problem right there since those things are extremely hard on a dog's feet tissues.  
Thanks for the post.. am one of those people who  definitely takes care of their pets. I love my dog so I am taking good care of his foot like I would one of my daughters. We do walk him and my husband though salt too, but we have not taken him in over a week (he is going crazy) He is 10 now but acts like a puppy. I know lumps and bumps are normal on an older dog, but I am like you, I think it is irritated from the nail. I just use about 10 bandaids a day LOL he licks them off and I put one right back on. Glad I found this forum. Thanks :O)