Defecating on the couch / bed
I have a small yorkie mix about 5 years old.  She has recently stopped relieving herself outside.  She will hold it for 2 days until one of our backs is turned and she'll pee and poo on the leather couch or in someone's bed.  Everytime we go outside, she literally just sits there and looks up at me like I'm the one supposed to be doing something.

My boyfriend has had her for about 2 years.  He went away to England for a month and his mother took care of her.  That seemed to be the breaking point when she stopped going outside.  

I have been crate training her for about a month now, but I feel horrible because since she is so stubborn and will not go outside, she goes right back in the crate.  It seems like she's always in there.  I also fear she is going to give herself an infection from holding it for so long.  

What else, if anything, can I do?  
Your boyfriends mother must have done something really different from your dogs regular routine, and now shes really confused.  Do you take her outside to the exact spot where she has gone before?  Do you praise her lots when she does go?  I've also heard of tying her leash to you and her throughout the day, this way when you see shes ready to go you can act fast.  Hopefully someone else will give you some better advice, Good Luck.