Dialysis for dogs
My 13-1/2 year old part husky, part shepherd female was seizing due to end stage renal failure.  She had reached
a temperature of 44C and her pupils were fixed.  The vet said he thought with a temp of 44C she would have brain
damage.  Do you agree?   Do you think dialysis would have helped at this stage? (I am assuming their is animal
dialysis to rid the body of toxins)
Is this the Becca dog???
We tried to reach posting on the thread under "To Bobbe"....
Oh bobbe, I am so very sorry.  I lost my dog Chica in early January to kidney failure too.  Yes, dialysis can done on dogs, but it's very expensive and the equipment isn't available at a typical vet's clinic.  The effects don't last long either - by the time the dog is in end-stage failure, you'd be looking at daily dialysis so the dog would still have no quality of life.  I think your vet was absolutely truthful with you about assuming brain damage at that point.  

Kidney failure is a terrible thing to deal with because there is precisely nothing that can be done to help it by the time symptoms show up.  Once the tissue is damaged, it can't be fixed.  What you're left with is managing the symptoms the best you can for as long as possible while the dog steadily declines.  In our case, Chica just would NOT give up.  We kept waiting for her to "tell" us when it was Time, and she didn't make it easy.  Well, I wrote about all that in my journal and just can't go into it again here or I'll short out another keyboard from blubbering.  Just know that we all know the kind of pain you're in now.
My dog Lhasa apso has a creatinine of 11.5 and BUN of 180... He is on fluid therapy now..he is 8 years old..I just wanted to know that what do you think from his stats..