Dogs Community
Dislocation or Sprained Shoulder

This forum is for questions and support regarding your pet dogs!

Dislocation or Sprained Shoulder

My Lab is Limping and wont put pressure on her Right front leg and when I try to move it up or any other movement I try she cries not sure exactly what happened cuz she runs out the yard when we let her go outside so I dont know if someone might have hit her or if she did it jumping up and down but she wont really move it only when she is standing still she will put it down or if she is walkin slow then she will walk on it but to run she holds it up and if she lays down on it she cries aswell..
Tags: shoulder
HI, Have you tried wetting her paw to see if there is anything stuck in. Wetting it makes it easier to see if there is anything. These type of dogs also do an injury to themselves sometimes named a crucia ligament injury. If it is this you will need to see your vet. If it doesn't get better soon I would take her to the vet. Good luck hopefully it is just something like a thorn stuck in her paw. Hugs to your dog
Thankx for the comment I tried what you said and wet her paw to see if anything was stuck in it and there wasnt but I really think it is her shoulder because when I try to lift her legs out and up to the side thats when she cries but she is actually tryin to walk more and more on it and run aswell its just that problem of her wineing when you move it up and out but if she doesnt get better like you said in a few days I will have to try n get her to the vet as soon as I can because I really just dont want her hurtin alot people keep tellin me she will be ok cuz she is a puppy and they do tend to hurt themselves alot but like I said I really just dont want her to be hurtin but thankx again for the help I really appreciate it..
Poor little thing let me know how she goes. We have a male black lab and he is still growing. Sometimes I see him limping and it clears up in a couple of days. Good Luck hope it all works out for you. Cheers
she is a whole lot better today finally now she is running on her legs, jumping and also walking just fine so I guess it has healed up mostly she is still alil sore when I try to move her shoulder area up and down so I guess that part is still healing up so I am so glad she is actually walking better on it thank god..thankx for everything and cheers back to you aswell... :)