Dog Not Eating and Has No Energy
My 2 year old male pit mixed (Petey) has stopped eating and has no energy. About three days ago he just lost all interest in his food and was just laying around. He is drinking very little water. During his short walk yesterday he stopped to eat grass and layed as if he couldn't go any further. I took him to the vet yesterday because he was due for his yearly shots and checkup. He tested negative for heartworms, hookworm, etc. The vet said everything appeared to be normal and gave me a pill to help with the diarrhea. However, Petey will not take the pill. He wouldn't even take it pushed in his favorite treat. I am very worried. I just spent almost $200 in a visit yesterday and really can't afford to take him back. However, he doesn't seem to be getting any better. Is there anything else I can do. Are there any animal organizatios (Animal Lovers Society, PETA, SPCA) that might help me out or check him out a cheaper rate than a vet's office? Has anyone experienced anything similar with their animal and have any ideas or suggestions?
So the vet did not tell you what it could be, give you any advice on what to do, just said "Everything looks normal, go home."?

How often does he have diarrhea? Is it very hot where you live? Is he an inside or an outside dog? It could possibly be heat related - my dog really cuts down on the amount of food she eats in the summers and she will lay down if we take her on walks in the middle of the day because she overheats.

I am concerned about him not drinking. If you can, take a look at his gums. What color are they? Are they sticky, tacky, or smooth?

Has there been any change in what you feed him (before he stopped eating)? Does palpating the abdominal area cause any pain or anxious reaction?

Have you tried feeding any different foods to stimulate his appetite?

*I am working towards my BSA in Animal Health Technology. However, I am NOT an expert and all medical decisions should be thoroughly discussed with your vet. *