Dog food
Does anybody know the best food to give a chihuahua with a skin complaint,small kibble size ? Tried Orijen ,but that's too big as she doesn't chew her food.
Do you know exactly what it is that is causing the skin problem, because that will be what determines what food would be best.  

Ghilly
Hi Ghilly...my silky terrier has skin problems, too, and so many good dog foods I tried on him caused him to have either a rash or red blotches. I finally decided it's the fish most good dog foods now have in them and I switched him to Wellness Simple Food Solutions. It's for dogs that need the least ingredients in their food. He eats it well, but, the kibble is not tiny, so, that could be a problem for Mich's chihuahua, unless he could break it up.  My dog is only 10 pounds and has no problem with it, but, some dogs can only eat really tiny kibble.  Maybe there's another brand of dog food that has limited ingredients, but, if there is I don't know about it.
No not really somebody suggested grains may be the prob,so thought i'd try that first,then cut out chicken and try a fish one next .
There is a premium food on the market called EVO.  They have a small-bite kibble and their foods are 95% of whatever meat is in them.  They have duck, which is a great choice for dogs that potentially have skin problems due to food allergies, and they even have a canned version, and they have foods in beef, lamb, venison, bison, turkey, chicken, you name it.  Here is an address to a site that you can cut and paste into your browser where you can get more information about the food:

http://www.naturapet.com/brands/evo.asp

Ghilly
EVO might be a good choice for him, too, then, because whatever meat is the basis of the food makes up 95% of that food, leaving little room for unnecessary additives.  

It's amazing how much more educated people have to be today to successfully have pets.  Years ago it was believed that pets could live on whatever parts of the animals humans didn't eat, and now it has become apparent that nothing could be further from the truth!  However, years ago, 10 was considered to be old for dogs and cats, and now it is not unusual at all to hear of small dogs and cats living into their late teens and early 20s, and for large dogs to make it to 15 years of age or more, and I believe that people being more aware of what is necessary for them nutritionally has a lot to do with that.  :)

Ghilly