Dog is not eating, just laying around
My dog doesn't want hardly anything to eat.  She is usually very active, but now just wants to lay around.  I took her to the Emergency Vets yesterday, and he did bloodwork.  She was running a fever of 103F.  The white blood cound came out a little high, and the tests showed she may have some pancreatic infection.  He gave her a antibiotic shot and put her on 400mg of amoxicillon twice a day.  Anyone have any ideas. She is able to hold down the very small amount of food she eats, and is drinking water.  Bathroom breaks are normal.  Anyone have any other ideas?  If no improvement by Tuesday, its back to her normal vet.
It does sound like she is responding to the Amoxycillin treatment. I think now you have to take it day by day, and see how she does. Keep a close eye on her of course for any back sliding, but it does sound like she's slightly improving. I would give her only plain bland foods right now....fish and rice, chicken and rice. Maybe a few dog biscuits. But nothing rich and no fats at all. You could slowly re-introduce her normal food as she shows she is definitely better.
Good luck. I hope she continues to improve, and is better soon!
Thanks for your comments.  I am lucky to be retired, and I will keep a close watch on her.  My regular vet is only 1 mile away, and if there is no improvement by noon tommorrow I will take her in to be checked further.  
I just wanted to check on our baby and see how she was doing?I hope that she is feeling better.
Thanks for checking! She is feeling a little better.  She still doesn't eat much.  The Vet put her on steriod pills and hopefully that will help boost her appetite.  I just have to hope for the best.  At 11 years old there isn't much to do.  I just came back from a walk around the block, and will see if she will walk around the city park after lunch.
Hey,i was just wanted to see how she is doing today?Has her appetite improved any ? Have you tried chicken broth on her food.I know that sometimes it does help when they really dont want to eat.Well i hope that she gets feeling better soon.Take care.
She is much better. She has eaten all of her food since yesterday morning, and is just about back to her old self.  We had 3 long walks yesterday, so she has gotten her strength back.  Hopefully she won't have any setbacks.
I am so glad to hear that she is feeling better.I will keep you both in my prayers.She is a very lucky little girl to have you take care of her so well and love her like you do.Let me know how she is doing.Take care and May God Bless the both of you.
She is doing great. We have been taking long walks and doing some rock climbing (she loves climbing up steep rocks).  She seems back to her old self.  When a dog gets up to 11 years old for a large breed, you never know what will happen.  She has been keeping me busy since my wife passed away 10 years ago. I retired last month, so get to do a lot more hiking and sightseeing.
I am sure that she is very happy that she has you home with her now that you have retired.I bet you are really spoiling her..It sounds like she really feeling alot better.I am glad that she bounced back so quick.What breed is she?Well i will talk to you soon.Take care and God Bless You...Chan