Dogs Community
Dog not eating and drinking for 2 days

This forum is for questions and support regarding your pet dogs!

Dog not eating and drinking for 2 days

My dog less than 2 years is not eating food since yesterday..The dog's voice was gone. so the vet suggested my tablets t
My dog less than 2 years is not eating food since yesterday..The dog's voice was gone. so the vet suggested my tablets to feed him.. I fed it.. it was normal the day before yesterday but from yesterday the dog is having motion and it is not eating..I took him to vet and it had two injections yesterday.. and today.. But still the dog is not eating.. There is no vomiting, the dog walks, its active but it went little within two days.. Suggest me some remidies for it.. Is the problem serious ? or it is normal ? or should i concern vet again? plz the answer is required urgently.. :(
If he didn't have any trouble with the rice and milk, you can keep on offering small amounts of similar food every few hours.  Milk isn't something that is normally recommended in this situation, but if he liked it, and if it didn't give him any problems, it's probably okay.  If his stools are still loose, though, I would substitute some hard-boiled egg or a small amount of lean cooked chicken for the milk.  After a day or so of eating small amounts of easily digested food, if he is still doing okay, you can gradually start giving him small amounts of his normal diet.  You'll want to gradually transition him back into normal eating.  Keep him on small amounts until you are sure he is back to normal.  If all goes well, he may be able to get back to normal eating in another day or two.  If it does take longer than that, just be observant about how often he can eat, how much he can eat at a time, and what kinds of foods he does well on.  The most important thing with dogs that have digestive problems is to withhold food for a while and then feed them lightly for a while longer.
When you took him to the doctor, what did the doctor think was wrong with him?  In other words, what was the diagnosis?  
if a dog typically doestn eat much the it's normal,but a sudden change in appetite is never normal.I would start with routine blood work, a stool sample andif those come back normal request an ultra sound.

He could be fine and just hate his food.
This is a little confusing.  Yes, what did the Vet diagnose and what were the shots for?  The dog lost it's voice? What did the Vet say about that?  If the dog is not eating but seems ok, there would probably be low volume stool as there isn't much in there to come out.
At the risk of not knowing what you are dealing with, you can always cook up some chicken and rice and see if the dog will eat that or make some up and mix it in with the tegu oar dog food.
Just unclear as to what you are dealing and what your Vet diagnosed.
I went to vet because the voice was lost.. means the barking sound was low and the dog was not able to easy to bark..!! So he digoised it and said that the nerves to voice box weakens sometimes due to over barking..!! He said to give and antibiotic tablet..! I did it after feeding him the tablets the next day dog has got loose motion..!! I got feared a bit and again took it to vet that the dog is not eating and it has got loose motion.! The vet gave him two injections but it doesnt effect the condition of the dog,.! the dog dint eat again so the next day again i took him to vet the vet gave him 3 injections including antibiotic for the weakness of nerves.!! But it is eating very very less not even a spoon of food..!! and sometimes it drinks water..!! thatz all ..!! The dog has not got cough etc and the dog is very active it runs barks at stangers and the voice of the dog is has got better compared to early days..!! I tried all the mixes of food of itz favroite..!! But still the condition is same..!! Today the motions seems to be better..!! Plz suggest me some remidies..!! I LOVE MY DOG so much :(
Possibly the medication has made your dog a bit sick at his stomach.  Some antibiotics cause side effects of nausea and/or loose stools.  Dogs don't like to eat when they are sick at their stomach, just like you or I don't.  If his cough is better, if he is active, and if he is drinking some water, then I would just be calm and let the medication work.  

Keep offering small amounts of food every few hours, and see if he doesn't start eating within the next day or so.  You can try a bit hard-boiled egg and some cooked rice.  Don't give large amounts of food, and don't give anything with a lot of fat in it.  But I think the main thing you can do for him is to be patient for another day or two.  These things can take time.  

If he stops drinking water, if he starts acting depressed, or if he doesn't start eating again within the next couple of days, then I would take him back to the vet.  But probably you are going to see an improvement, and probably you won't have to do that.  Most dogs can go for a few days without eating very much.  He will catch up on his food when he feels better, later on.  
From today in the morning the dog ate some cooked rice with milk..!! I Now suggest me what can i do next ?
is English your first language?
I read your profile and see that you are from India.

The barking problem could be a symptom of a condition. I would pursue this with your vet and ask him/her for more help with looking at other possibilities.

Sometimes we are the best judges for problems with our dogs since we live with them daily.

I have seen others on this forum having to go back to their vet several times before getting a proper diagnosis for their dog.

One of my dogs had a problem with a bladder infection, and the first vet I saw missed the diagnosis. Instead she blamed the dog, saying he was manipulating us. Geesh!

It is similar for people too. Do not give up!

Most dogs do not tolerate milk well and it may cause loose stool.