Dog panting at night
My 3 year old female rottie mix suddenly started panting and whine only at night when I go to bed.  She is healthy and acts normal during the day.   There has been no changes in the environment or routine that  I can think of.  She also shakes as if she is nervous (or cold?).  Help!!  I can't sleep at night and am afraid my other dog will pick up the habit too.
I've always thought that panting and shivering can be signs that the dog is in pain. I guess it doesn't make sense that she only does it at night and is fine during the day.  Sorry I don't have any clue. Hopefully someone else will or I would call your vet.
i have a 4 year male dog his name is shorty and every night she is panting and i dont know way he ok in the moning but when it come to going to bed he is panting and it is cold in my house and he shakes as if she is nervous  i need help plzzzzzzzz help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My 11 year old Pomeranian has started to pant rapidly and be restless at night, but behave normally during days. I took him to see vet, he checked out all right except having a slow heart beat.
Any ideas what is going on?
Did the vet check for Cushings disease.  Some symptoms are panting and drinking more.  My pom was confirmed last month for Cushings.  
I always thought that panting was a way dogs cooled off, since they do not perspire.  Just a thought.....