Dog with Cushings with few symptoms?
Libby, my 7yo black spayed Labrador, might have Cushings.  During her yearly physical and bloodwork, the vet found levels elevated in both bloodwork and urinalysis to suggest Cushings.  I took in another urine sample last Friday and am waiting to hear the results later today.  

While researching Cushings on the internet, I saw several lists of symptoms.  She really only has minimal symptoms...she's gained 10# in the past year, and her energy level is slightly diminished.  Exercise tolerance is slightly diminished as well.  That's it.  No excessive drinking, urinating, loss of hair, etc.  Has anyone else ever had their dog diagnosed with few symptoms??

Her bloodwork/urine was fine last year, as was her weight.

I'm hesitant to allow the rx meds to be given, especially after reading of the many possible side effects.  I prefer to go the natural route if possible.  Thoughts??
I was actually the opposite...I was sure my dog had cushing's, and 3 different vets told me I was wrong.  He had most of the symptoms.  No one could figure out what was wrong with him.  He is diabetic and hypothyroid, and I've recently found out he has masticatory myositis, which is why his jaw was locked up and muscles atrophied.  

Definately get a 2nd or even a 3rd opinion from another vet!  Don't stop until you are satisfied, and research the disease as much as you can!  After years of searching the internet with no answers, I finally used the symptom checker on web md, then related the diseases back to dogs and came up with masticatory myositis.  I took that to my vet and we are now working with a holistic vet to treat him rather than steroids.  

You know your dog best so you have to speak up for her.  Of course don't let her suffer, but if time allows, get another opinion before beginning treatment.  Did they check her thyroid (T4)?  and what was elevated in her bloodwork?  if your vet did not provide you a copy of the blood workup, ask for a copy.  It should say if somethings high or low.  that's where I began researching for my dog.

good luck with your dog!  by the way, if it is cushing's, it is not recommended to treat with only natural herbs.  see if you can find a hollistic vet in your area to consult with.  I hope this at least helped a little!  Again, best of luck to you and your dog!