Dog with Pure Red Cell Aplasia - not responding to meds
Our 6-year-old Italian Greyhound was diagnosed recently with primary Pure Red Cell Aplasia. She has been on prednisone for a week and started Azithriopine 4 days ago. Her pcv after two blood transfusions went from 8 to 20, but has now dropped to 14 and gets measured again tomorrow. I understand that it can take a long time before the drugs begin to work. I am wondering if there is anything we can do to help speed things up, whether it be herbals or anything else.
You have a very difficult situation with your pet...please repost your question here on the forum to the "Ask a Vet" Dr. Cheng, they are very good with responding and very informative, I beleive Dr. Cheng will most help you...
Very sorry about your Greyhound and hope things get better, but please do go the vet forum and post your question to Dr. Cheng, I beleive you will be impressed...
Keep us posted too...