Growth on bottom rim of eye
My dog, border terrier-mix, male, is 9 years old. About 2 years ago, I noticed a black spot the color of the rim of his bottom eye, it is now about 1/4 " long. It doens't seem to bother him and is still black. I can't afford to take him to the vet and am really concerned. Now I notice he is getting very large discolorations on his belly, where his legs connect, what we call armpits, his legpits? lol Don't know what else to call them. Also his bottom lip has a white discoloration on  it. Does he have Cancer? And one more thing he has a red lesion on his foot, which has now turned black. He doesn't seem to be in any pain at all. Still runs around and plays. I don't know what to do, I just have no money for a Vet. Maybe someone can help. But, let me assure you if I thought he was in any pain whatsoever, I would 'beg, borrow, steal!" well ok not steal, but make sure he was not suffering. I really love my dog so much, he belonged to my mother, who passed away. Thanks again for any help.
The time to beg and borrow is now.  A reasonable vet should not charge a huge fee simply to evaluate a few skin lesions.  While most of these things turn out to be benign, you need to at least get an educated opinion as to what you're dealing with.  

Call your local SPCA and Humane Society and ask if one of their vets could take a look at him.  Call various veterinary practices and ask about pricing and payment plans and see if they offer Care Credit.  CC offers low, to no-interest lines of credit for human and animal health care.  Look up their web site for more immediate information about how Care Credit operates.  Even if you don't need it now, it's good to have that information available in case of emergency.

In the meantime, start putting away money for veterinary treatment.  Even 5 or 10 dollars a week or month can add up quickly to cover basic vet care.  :-)
I agree w/Jaybay to save $5 or more dollars until you can build up the funds to go to the vet and check your situation out professionally by a vet..
Or, call around and explain your financial abilities, thats what I did, I begged!!!! And, there was a time when the funds were not there, I paid that vet $10 over and over till I paid my bill, now I have an account w/my vet, so if there is an Emergency, they know my word is worth the credit...
Its very hard to evaluate your dog's condition via internet...
Look over the right of the page and scroll down to the "ask a vet" Dr. Cheng, and post your medical questions to the vet here, they usually give very good informative info...
Welcome to the forum,, best of luck to you,,let us know...