Growth on dog's paw (with pic)
My dog developed a tick size black growth on her paw a few weeks ago. It didn't grow for a bit and didn't seem bothered by it as it was pretty small. Then one day she came into the house all bloody and we looked at it again and it had doubled in size and apparently got caught on something making it bleed.

Took her to the vet yesterday. He thinks its a growth rather than a foreign object and suggested we remove it. Looking for other thoughts, ideas.

My dog is about 2 years old and she is a mutt. The other pics of warts and growths I have seen are all pink and red, but this one is black.
If your dog is fit and well and up to a bit of surgery -I'd get this removed.
It could possibly be an infected hair follicle. My dog had a (smaller) version of something similar on her lip a few years back. I thought it looked suspicious. The vet didn't really know what it was. So we opted for having it removed and biopsied. The results came back that it had only been an infected hair follicle. But it was better to get this taken off and checked out thoroughly.