Growth on dog's toe
I have a 2 year old Pitt Bull. I noticed his toe on his hind leg had a small reddish wartlike growth on it. I've let it go because of money issues, but it has gotten larger about the size of a penny. Could this be a fungus. Is there any home remedy that I could use for it??
Oh lisa, That looks bad! It might be infected or worse. I think you should take your dog to the vet. I'am sure your vet will work with you, maybe let you make payments. Please let everyone know what you find out. Pitbulls are so sweet!
I was just wondering about your dog. What you found out, how he is doing, etc.? Thanks!
I don't want to scare you but my dog had a growth like that only black - (she was a black dog) - it ended up being melanoma - I understand the money issues, but make some phone calls and see if you can arrange payments.  Your dog needs to be seen by a vet.
Maybe you should call your regular vet and ask if you can come in and have it looked at for no charge just to see if it is dangerous and if is then maybe you should set up payment plans because it is better safe than sorry and i bet you love your dog and want it to have a safe healthy long life because i would.
My dog just recently had that! I forget what it was called but it wasn't cancer. They did do a biopsy to make sure. It eventually shrunk away on its own. I think it cost me around 100 dollars. But you should get it checked just in case.
I'll be taking him this week, we just moved so I need to find a new vet. Thanks for your concern.