HELP> Our lab had Cushings Test. Need advice. She's sick
Hello. This is a F/U posting to our original one. Our lab spent the day being tested for Cushings today. She was given the so called low dose dex. We picked her up at 5pm and took her home. She didn't seem right. Very hot and just not right. We got home and she started to drink water like it was going out of style. We picked up the bowl because we didn't want her getting sick but before we could do anything else she vomited all over. All the water she drank. She has refused food since we got home which is unlike her. She wants nothing but tons of water. Vet said nothing when we left about her doing this although being an RN I know that streriods can increase thirst/hunger but we had to pick up all water bowls (We have 4 dogs). She paced and paced for water. Called the ER vet as our vet was already closed for the day. ER Vet said that he was concerned as she was given a low dose of the dex and while she may be extra thirsty this was not right. She was on an IV all day. Surely they let her drink water? So we are to give her ice chips every hour or so but keep water bowls up. We can't do that due to the other 3 doggies so I have her in my office with me on her big pillow bed. I'll be up all night keeping an eye on her. I'm very worried. Vet said if not better by morning to bring her in to the ER clinic.
I was so hesistant about her doing this test because I was concerned as she is sensitive to things and our vet knows this already. They had assured me she would be perfectly fine. I hate seeing her like this. Our lab is the sweetest girl and she's been through alot lately. Any advice or thoughts please? SO very worried. Not sure anyone saw my original post last night. New to this site. Thank you for your time.
She's young, and has displayed signs of Cushings so vet advised we test her.  I had a feeling this wouldn't go well but trusted the vet :-(