HELP!
My 10 year old dachshund/wire haried teirrer mix had a lump on her foot in between her toes on her left paw that we noticed a few minutes ago and she started licking it and now it's popped. I dont know what it was.  Its slightly bleeding but causing her a great deal of pain if we try to touch it. She wont walk on her foot at all. Any ideas? Anything would help. Thanks !
Hi, I would like you to be specific if you can. Are you sure it popped? Is there a hole and loose skin just hanging there? If so, it was infection from a sticker or some sort of foxtail. If it did not pop and there is still a bump there, but the top is lightly bleeding, your dog is naturally getting rid of whatever was there. my dog, lucy, had a lump in between her toes. we thought it might be a tumor. the vet wanted $300 to remove it and then have a biopsy ran on it. but my dog just kept licking it and within 2 months, before we could get her into surgery, she had made it disappear completely and now is fine. don't waste your money.

ps - vets love to rip people off. your pet can't talk.
i hope this helps.
Does she lick at her feet alot.Sometimes they develope lick granulomas the hair is gone due to excessive licking and the lump appears shiny.At first it seems to really bother them,Then as time goes by the skin will harden and not be so sensitive.I have that problem with my bulldog.I use over the counter allergy  spray that has a steriod in it.Lick granulomas can appear for many different reasons.Most cases come from Canine atropy but other causes are Demodectic Mange,bacterial or fungal infection or just allergies.I hope this helps...Let us know how your baby does.