Dogs Community
Health

This forum is for questions and support regarding your pet dogs!

Health

My 5 year old chihuahua has got a layer of crust around the sides of her mouth and every other day it cracks and starts bleeding a little bit. what is wrong with my dog and how can i help her ? my mom is totally against taking her to the vet because she thinks the doctors will mess up and kill her or charge her more money then she can afford so these answers are my only way of helping my dog. she is small and weighs no more than 10 lbs she is always weezing like she is having problems breathing and starts chocking when she gets really excited but then she stops and i really need some answers.
If she is eating canned food it may be drying on the side of her mouth and when it gets hard it is cracking her skin.You could try putting a little vaseline on it and see if it would help soften her skin.As far as the wheezing has it gotten worse since the pollen count has went up?