Heart Disease
I wrote last week about my dog, Lucy, who is 11 and is having trouble with choking.  Well, she had x-rays and it's what I was afraid of.  She has heart disease.  Her heart is enlarged and she has some fluid in her lungs.  The vet gave me Lasix and I'm going to also put her on Vetmedin.  Anyone have any experience with these meds and, if so, how did they work?  

Thanks,

Jane
is it heart worms, what kind of disease is it and what does the dr think caused it, so sorry to hear that, my baby was doing the chocking thing to and he had a enlarge heart and liver. did your vet check her liver to.
No, it's not heartworm.  She's checked yearly for that and is on pills.  I guess it's congestive heart disease.  Her heart is enlarged, not her liver.  The vet said it happens to older dogs; she will be 11 in August.  It stinks but hopefully meds can help her.
sao sorry to hear that i know the pain is unreal i just went through puttin g my kizmoe to rest because of enlarged heart , he was 17. i know your doing all you can and shes being well took care of, hang in there she needs you i hope they can get her on a great med to help.