Heart murmur
My large CO (about 10 stone ) dog had been diagnosed with a heart murmur. I thought I would lose him just before Christmas. The vet gave him Benefortin. He is much better now but I would like to know if anyone has had experience with natural remedies?. I know drugs have their place but I find they usually cure one thing and cause another.
Has anyone any suggestions please?
Timberbear
Welcome to the forum...Did you know what grade the murmur is? Benazapril is normally used to treat dogs with Heart Failure or Kidney Disease....Are you sure it's just a murmur?

The only natural remedy that I know of that has proved to help dogs with Heart problems is CoQ10.....

Here's a link to explain:
http://healthypets.mercola.com/sites/healthypets/ubiquinol-coq10.aspx

Hope this helps....Karla

Your best option would probably be to contact a Holistic Vet and they are becoming more popular.  Not sure what area you are in but you can do a Google search for Veterinary Holistic vets in your area. Some of the large universities, like UC Davis, also have information on Holistic treatments and Vets, at least in California.  
Thank you you very much, for your warm welcome and advice.
I only know he had an ear infection and the vet found a muffled sound coming from his heart on examination,  The vet told me it was a heart murmur, he also gave him water tablets to remove the fluid from his chest and lungs

3 weeks ago I was told his heart was much better, the dog himself  is clinically

3 weeks ago I was told his heart was much better, the dog himself  is clinically fine now
Thank you again
Timberbear
Hello Margot
I am in the UK, I am sure we must have a good one here
Thank you
You might trying to ask your Vet or do a Google search for one near you then research that person on the Internet also for feedback or reviews.