How long can a kelpie suvive without food or water
We have a seven year old Kelpie who goes crazy when there is a storm. Five days ago we had a  large storm & she escaped our property. She was seen running terrified trying to get away from the storm. She has been sighted app five km from our home near a national park . The last sighting was two days ago within 500mtrs of our home. It was if she retraced her way back towards us. With all the recent rain I am sure she could get water but not sure about any food.
could someone please tell me how long she can survive like this & also any tips or questions to help us get her safe return. We have been to all the usual places like Vets , Pounds, etc. We have posters everywhere & have an army of people looking for her. Please help.

Regards
Mark  
I sure hope you find your dog. Don't give up...If your dog was healthy and a larger breed, she may be able to survive a couple weeks. Hopefully she has found something to scavenge on or someone has given her a handout.
She has most likely found water somewhere.
Have you tried posting her pic on Facebook, or Craig's list..?  There is also a website called FidoFinder.com ...Check there to see if anyone has listed her as found, and you can also list her as Lost.

When my dog was lost, I decided that it would be best if I searched for her at night. Things are quieter then, and the dog will have a better chance of hearing you. I stayed in one place...Honked the horn on my truck...and would call her name.  I would wait a few minutes, and try it again. I was lucky. After several hours of doing this, she managed to find me.
If you try this, you don't have to use a vehicle horn...you could also try a whistle. Something loud that will get your dogs attention.
You could also buy some cheap dog food, and leave piles of it around the areas you think she was spotted in.

Hopefully, others will respond to this post, and have some other ideas for you.
I hope you find your dog...Please keep us posted.

Connie
If you search for her at night, you can also use a flashlight or laser light.
Shine it through the any wooded or shrubby areas. This may catch her attention, and give her a good visual to your location, However, if you think this is something that will scare her, then you may not want to try this.
Oh My...Connie has given you excellent advice......Does she have a collar w/her tags or name?  Any chance of baiting a live trap with her favorite food? You can probably rent one or borrow one from your local pound......Then place it each night where she has been spotted.....Yes, you may catch another creature, but chances are good that you may catch her.....We have had luck doing this with our Animal Rescue.....

Please, keep us updated.....I'm praying for her say return.......Karla