How to stop barking?
My little one is almost 6 a mixture of Maltese/****-zu female. Only issue we have is constant barking at mainly everyone everyone she sees! Accept for my hubby and I. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!
spiderw  
Dogs bark... that's what they do.

Unfortunately (and I'm not entirely sure why this is) little dogs seem to be wired differently and tend to bark at EVERYONE and EVERYTHING.

I have BIG dogs myself (all 6 of them), and none of them bark, bark, bark, bark like all of the little/small dogs that i see at the dog-park.

Besides getting a shock-collar (I'm not recommending this, just mentioning it because you asked), having their larynx surgically altered (I've HEARD of people doing this, but again, I only mention it because you asked and wouldn't EVER recommend this as it's cruel), or getting a muzzle of some kind... I really don't think there's any way to MAKE a dog stop barking.

Anyone else got anything?

And this is for the group... WHY is it that little dogs seem to bark A LOT more than big dogs? I know there are big dogs that bark, bark, bark all day long, but "in general", the smaller breeds seem to just bark non-stop.

Any ideas?