Dogs Community
Husky puppy NOT EATING, DRINKING AND LETHARGIC

This forum is for questions and support regarding your pet dogs!

I have a 10 month old Siberian Husky.  She is my daughter's dog that came from her dad's Husky litter and has lived up in New York until about a few months ago.  When she got here, she was hyper and ate and played and went for walks like a normal Husky.  Well for the past 3 days, she won't eat and barely drinks.  She was never crate trained so she stays outside but we keep her shaded and plenty of ice water, pool, etc.  I thought it was heat exhaustion yesterday so I gave her a cool bath inside, put her in the kitchen with the fan on her.  I woke up around 2:30am to this horrible smell.  She had a dark almost black looking diarrhea all over the kitchen and was a smell that I have never smelt before.  I had to throw away everything (towels, newspaper, etc.) and cleaned the kitchen after I put her back outside since it was still cool out.  We cleaned for 2 hrs last night and you can still smell traces of it and we even used bleached and mopped the floor several times.  She is back to her lethargic self, barely drinking, my daughter had to lead her into the baby pool to cool off but she went back under the shed.  She isn't eating and just wants to sleep.  She never got her shots or anything when he had her up north and I am so scared it's something like Parvo and I have another dog that stays inside and has kept away from her.  I have no money, disabled and don't know what to do.  My daughter is only 13 and this may be something that is going to devastate her if she does have that deadly disease.  Does anyone know what I can do since I can't afford a vet?  I live in Charlotte, NC.  Please get back to me asap!!!!
I'm going with Parvo....The smell you describe is common! Please read the link 2 below from yours....
It's titled: "Sick Dog"    Posted by Nats0121 on June 18....There is information that will help you.....Karla