Incontinence in young dog
I have a two year old female boxer amstaff mix. She has always been a great dog. I love her dearly, and would do anything to help her. About six weeks ago she started losing controll of her blader. She had always seemed to have a small bladder. When she started having accidents I knew something was up. At first I tried to tell myself it was a behavior. I never really believed this. One night she wet the bed... my bed in her sleep. I knew then we had a real issue. We woke up the next morning and went right to the vet. He tested her urine. He found nothing. He told me it was related to her spay. I was delighted. We knew what was wrong and we could make it better. We were all wrong! The pills (proin) seemed to help at first... this seems strange to me. However, they did not seem to help for long. She is back to peeing every three to four hours awake, asleep, or in her crate. She is vommiting yellow slime. She is very upset when she goes in the house, but I can not get her out in the brief window we have between urgincy and urination. She cries for maybe a minute then it comes out. Again she wet the bed... her bed and she got up and talked to the door crying still dripping. I went back to the vet. He wants to do ultra sound and xrays. I just dont know what it is or could be. I do npt get a good feeling from this guy. I just don't know if he is right.
See if their are any other vet around. I would definitely get full blood work up done. Proin is a great drup for incontinence but if it's not helping then I would be thinking kidney or bladder issues. Blood work can show a lot about the internal workings of these organs and sometimes these things can be an easy treatment. Internists can be great for this if you have any vet specialists in your area. Cost more but you get the right tests and treatment rather then spinning your wheels with a reg vet. Good luck!
I agree with ddeiman: more testing is definitely necessary.  I hate to even think it, but your dog's symptoms are exactly like my dog's.  She died of kidney failure.  X-rays should should be done too to either confirm or rule out any kind of bladder or kidney stones.  In the meantime, she needs meds for the pain and nausea.  Keep us posted on what happens.