Is it normal for dog to have excessive flatulence after being sedated?
My dog had his teeth cleaned yesterday (was put under anesthesia for procedure).  Today he has had really bad gas most of the day, to the point where I can't stand to be in the room with him.  Is this a normal side effect of anesthesia?  He has his teeth cleaned every year, but this has never happened before.  He is a big dog, 125 lbs, 7 hrs old.
Oh gosh! I don't know. All I can tell you is my dog didn't get it either time when she had anesthetic....Though it can make them feel a little off food (therefore probably slightly queasy) for a few hours afterward.
Maybe it's a result of having been fasted (I presume he wasn't allowed any food from about 6pm the night before?) Or just perhaps he might have gulped air as he was coming round.....
When I had surgery myself, there were a few girls on my ward who had the same problem though. So I suppose it's possible.
I would think if you are unsure, or it gets worse, or he has any other symptoms like refusing food, diarrhea, vomiting etc...then do ask the vet about this.