Is my dog diening
My dog tonight just started like sneeze coughing like through her nose, my husband said it sounds like a plugged nose but it looks and sounds bad. She is a pomeranian/poodle, Sounds like she is trying to clear her nose but almost like a cough out the nose really weird to explain. Concerns me and my husband cause she dont even want to go to my husband and it is sad to watch we are both frightned. She is only almost a year old and she has never behaved this way she has always snorted and stuff but this is way new and wierd
It may be nothing but a temporary irritation - can you identify anything she ate or played with or is exposed too that is unusual?

But if it is continuing you should make an emergency call to your vet and have her check by a doctor.
It sounds like it might be what is called a 'reverse sneeze'. They are not uncommon and generally harmless. It's hard to explain - the dog acts like it is trying to suck in air loudly and its chest will heave. It happens usually in a cluster and then will end.

A shelter worker years ago told me that sometimes helping the dog to stand with its front legs wider than usual can help. Don't know if that really does much or not but I had a beagle mix that was prone to these that it seemed to help. One of my pit bulls occasionally does it now.

It wouldn't hurt to ask your vet, especially if it increases in frequency or intensity.
She needs to see her Vet....Hopefully, this is just reverse sneezing, but with the frequency, it could also be a respiratory infection.....If that be the case, she could get pneumonia which is much harder to treat.....She needs a visit to her Vet just in case...Let us know what you find out......Karla
Thankyou all for your responses she was fine the next day I am wondering cause I gave her chicken that night that was seasoned pretty good with rotiseree chicken seasoning and I am wondering if that irritated her thankyou all for your replys
Your welcome....So glad she's better.....Karla