Itching butt
My dog is two years old Akita? mix (we really are not sure). She is a rescue, which I got about 7 months ago. She spent the first two years of her life in a privacy fence with no real human contact.... anyways, as soon as I got her she saw the vet and was updated on all her shots. She had a sweetish foul smell every so often and would rub her vulva area and slide her butt across the floor. I had her groomed in January and her Anal sacs released thinking this would solve it. It didn't seem to really help. I had her fixed in February, hoping this would help. It has not seemed to help either. Any idea of what I could do? Do I need to break down and get her into the vet again? Thank you so much for any feedback/suggestions you may have!!
Has she been wormed?  Dogs with worms and itchy bums will show this behaviour.  Just guessing ...
Where is it itching?  Under the tail in the canal or vulva area or on top at the base of the tail?
Our rescue male Westie had a almost funny was to scratch his anal (area) itch.  He would sit on the rough finish carpet and spin around, not drag.  I too though it was a sac problem, but was not.  

His annual physical came to his aid. The vet raised his tail (the Westie is characterized by holding its short tail in a vertical) and pointed to a red rash area just at the base of his tail.  He had some other problems and is still taking antihistamine, antibiotic, and an internal yeast fighting medication.  I also cleaned the area at least once a day with a "hot spot" over the counter medication. He seems to be okay now, no more sit and spin.