Kennel Cough..symptoms bad..
My 6 month old dog has had a bad cough for about a week now. she has been on Clavamox antibiotics for 5 days now. Yesterday she had a loss of apetite and didnt eat. but this morning she had a bowl of food but is not eating again. She has thrown up 3 times today and has diharea. She is always sleeping and coughing really bad to the point where it seems like she is gagging at the end of her cough. what should I do now?
It's time to call the vet again.  He may or may not want to see her.  Sometimes, the antibiotics make them feel queasy and that puts them off their food and can make them vomit, and canine cough does make them sound like they're gagging at the end of the cough.  Sometimes, depending on the severity of the infection, antibiotics can take up to a week to start to make a difference, but this is why I say to call your vet again as soon as you can in the morning.  Let him be the one to determine whether or not a change in medications is necessary.

Sometimes, the bacteria doesn't respond to the commonly used medications, and when this happens, the vet will do a trans-tracheal wash to determine whether or not there is an unusual strain of bacteria in there that needs a high powered antibiotic to kill it.  I doubt this will be the case for you right now, however, because even though it seems like forever for you, five days is not all that terribly long for an antibiotic to not be making a difference yet.

Regular kennel cough is pretty much like the doggie version of the common cold.  If you treat it, it will last about fourteen days.  If you don't treat it, you'll be treated to the sound of the hacking and gagging for two to three weeks.  Maybe four.  In severe cases, it CAN go into pneumonia, but in most cases, it's more annoying for the owner than it is for the dog because the owner is listening to the dog hack and cough all night long.

Please let us know what your vet says when you talk to him.  Good luck!  I hope you get a breakthrough soon and your pupper starts to feel better!

Ghilly
Thank you for the information Ghilly. I will be letting you know what the vet says.
Thanks, Chrisfo1.   We look forward to hearing from you.  Good luck at the vet's!

Ghilly