Dogs Community
LASIK and kidney failure

This forum is for questions and support regarding your pet dogs!

LASIK and kidney failure

I have a 13 year old Pomeranian who has had CHF for about 2 years.  She is on an ACE inhibitor and was on furosemide.  About a month ago she started fainting so the furosemide was increased and vetimed was added.  She immediately went down hill, had blood in her bowl movement, vomiting blood, and then developed mouth soars.  She also had an ammonia smell to her and had lost a lot of weight and was refusing to eat.  She was diagnosed with end stage kidney failure.  We had taken her off of vetimed after only a few doses, at this point we discounted the furosemide and made an appointment to say goodbye as she was suffering so much.  But the next day she was miricusially better, she has been doing great for a week, but having a difficult time eating still.  The problem is that today the hacking and wheezing came back and she is having a hard time breathing.  I'm wondering what I can give her inseat of furosemide that won't make her go back into kidney failure.  I have been to afraid to call my vet because I don't want to make another appointment to say goodbye if there is something else I can do.