Labrador Limping

Well my male Labrador is 9 years old, he'll be 10 in August, and i noticed about 3-4 days ago he was limping weirdly, we thought that maybe he trod on something sharp! Or had a problem with one of his nails. He was limping around for 2 days, then yesterday in the morning the limping had stopped and he was ok, but today 30th june - noticed that he has been limping again, on his left leg! When i see him walking its like hes dislocated his leg (of course he hasnt) but its a strange limp! - But on a good note, hes not crying or looking in pain, hes quite happy, he looks ok - its just his leg! Has anyone got any advice on what could be going on here? I dont really want to take him to the Vet, as some days he limps and other days he doesnt..

Thankyou x
I do think he still needs to see the vet. An intermittent "fault" is still a "fault". The up and down nature of his leg problem could be related to arthritis, so the best thing would be to have him evaluated so you know where you stand, what stage the arthritis is at, etc.

He could even have hip problems. Labradors are prone to this.

If he DOES have a touch of arthritis, it could respond to max. dose Glucosamine and Chondroitin supplement every day. That worked very very well for my dog. It depends what stage the arthritis is at. I use Human tablets for my dog (it's exactly the same substance, and half the price!)

But...just a thought. Do check his feet, very thoroughly, and using a magnifier and also reading glasses if needed. Check each pad carefully, and in between the pads. It is just possible he has some tiny thorn embedded there.
Hello

Thanks for replying, he seems to be ok now, i didnt take him to the vet, we think he must have trod on something sharp in the house/garden!

Hes not limping, he seems very content and just fine! Thanks for the advice!