Dogs Community
Large hard lump on dog's nose

This forum is for questions and support regarding your pet dogs!

Large hard lump on dog's nose

I have a 7 year old pure bred german shepherd. She has a large lump on the top of her nose. It is hard and barely bothers her. She started vomitting blood, a lighter pinkish color, all over the house and she pooped what looked like straight blood, not a black stool but definately darker. The lump keeps getting larger. She lost her appetite for a day. Wouldn't even eat her treats. Also, my dog has always had allergy problems. We have to give her pills and eye drops every day. We have to buy her a special food. I took her to the vet and they took some tests and don't know what it is. I'm going to get a biopsy done soon if it doesn't get better but does anyone have any ideas what it could be?
Thanks.
This is perhaps one of the most difficult of concerns to answer, without actually seeing your dog. The problem with lumps like this is they can be a whole range of things, from a cist or wart to more serious things. The fact that the lump is getting bigger and that there is a history of allergy problems leads me to suspect another allergic reaction. Unfortunaetly, without a biopsy and blood tests you will not know (possibly until it is too late to do anything), so I would get this done as soon as possible, rather than wait for things to hopefully improve. The blood vomiting and dark stool is of concern too. If this is still occuring, get a sample of both and take these with you to your vet for analysis. Hope things work out to be ok, but please let us know after you have been to the vet. Tony