Lethargy and hind legs stiffness

We think our 4 year old Malamute might be sick.  She has been lethargic for about the last 5 days and her eating habits have changed a bit.  She didn't eat for a 2 days and has since started back up, but not completely like normal. Also, she has been getting progressively worse stiffness in her hind legs.  Any ideas on what the problem might be?

Thanks for your help.
We just heard back from a local vet - we currently live overseas in a developing country - the stiffness and lethargy is caused by temperature change.  The temperature outside is in the high 90s and we keep the AC on inside pretty high for her since she's a Malamute... the heat here is pretty tough on her.  So when she's going out for walks and changing from the cold to the hot, it's irritating her muscles and causing pain and stiffness.  Does this sound right?  
Yes, that sounds reasonable.  I do the same thing when summer hits here in Texas. Ugh!  It sounds like your dog is suffering from heat exhaustion, so make sure she has access to plenty of fresh water.  Heat exhaustion can quickly go to full-blown heat stroke which can be fatal if not treated.  Hosing her down with the water hose in the heat of the day or after a walk will help.

I recall my boss from several years ago who had an Italian Greyhound who nearly died of heat stroke here in Texas.  They had adopted the dog in winter, and one fine day in the middle of May when temps suddenly jumped to the low 90's, they looked out the window and saw the dog just laid out in the yard.  She was unconscious almost dead.  Thirty minutes earlier she was running and playing with the kids.  It was just the combination of a sudden heat wave and exertion that sent her over the edge.  A couple of days in hospital with IV fluids and she was just fine.  I tell you this only so you (and anyone else reading) will understand that heat poses just as much danger to our dogs as it does to humans, and heat stroke can hit very quickly.  :-)
We have a husky/lab mix and she is experiencing the same exact symptoms. We live in MD, and it is hot here, but nothing she has not dealt with for the past 3 years. Our vet doesnt think it is heat though, she thinks she has an autoimmune disorder. Have they done blood work on your dog? They have done bloodwork on ours, and she had an elevated white blood cell count, low Amalayse and low potassium. she also has protein in her urine, she has been on a mix of medicines, does anyone else have these issues with huskies? Please let me know. thanks