Liver question.
Today my dog Riley 4 years old was fine,  she was taking her nap, started to get sick,  let her outside where I saw her vomit 2 times, I walked away and the next thing she was on the ground, not responsive... My husband and I picked her up and got her in the house, called the vet and took her right away... In the car she started coming around and started to stand up in the suv, my husband was in the back with her.. Got her to the vet where they did tests, she has  high RBC,HCT,HGB RETIC GLU Alt is seriously too high its 897 Alkp is 83 and TBIL is high.. Low is MONO and EOS... and turns out she also has Lyme disease and  Whipworms, which I never heard of... ...
The rest of the tests are normal... They are keeping her, and trying to save her,  IV was started right away to hydrate her.....then meds for the infection... The xray shows no blockage, but a lot of gas.. She had a bowel movement while they took her outside.. She was standing up on a leash when we said goodnight to her..

My question is. She was perfect, all day, normal, she drinks ton's of water, we have water inside and on the porch for her, she is always drinking water, she eats well, she is on flea and tick meds every month.. I just don't understand how she is doing great and 10 mins. later down and sick..  We had her for a walk about 30 to 45 mins. before she got sick, she was normal... I don't understand how all this can go wrong at once... I am so afraid she won't make it..... she is only 4 years old but strong, or was... the are kept in a fenced yard...they do not wander, never leave there yard unless with me or my husband then on a harness... and we walk them.. I just dont' understand at all.. just like that.. I pray she gets better... I lost a dog 4 years ago to seizures,,, I don't want to lose another one at the same age...
Hi Kathy......How is your girl today? Any updates?

"Drinking tons of Water" is your clue that something is wrong...That's not normal.....Was it a Diabetic Attack? That was my first thought.....However, other than Diabetes, there are other diseases that cause an alarming amount of water consumption....Kidney disease, Liver Disease & Cushings Disease to name a few....What did you find out, if anything.....Please, let us know.....I hope she is doing better.....Karla