Lump on the gum of labrador
I have a black labrador retriever who is almost 6 years old. He is otherwise very healthy, not overweight, has a bit of a itching problem for which we couldnt find any cause. two days back i noticed a small button sized lump, pinkish black in front of his lower jaw on the right side of his mouth, on the gum itself. i have called my vet and he asked me to observe it fr 2 days to see if it grows. i am extremely scared fearing the worst. can anyone give me any information regarding this problem? please help!!!
Welcome....The most likely cause is an Abscessed Tooth.....Oral Antibiotics are given and sometimes a tooth extraction if the tooth is rotten.....

This is actually very common as 80% of all dogs have some form of Periodontal Disease by the age of 3....Good luck and let us know what you find out....Karla

My 14 year old pit bull Pumpkin has a benign growth that looks like an enlarged skin tag on her front lower gum (she also has skin tags in other places).  The vet and I are keeping an eye on it to see if it grows, at which point she would recommend removing it for a biopsy, but she has had it for over a year and it has stayed the same size.

Try not to worry and please let us know!  ~~ dgg
My dog has lumps all over the place. They have all been checked, and I keep an eye on them too.
Many lumps can be benign, they can be cysts, skin tags, lipomas, areas of inflammation, warts, hematomas, or even infected hair follicles. They can result from abrasions or mild infections. Apparently, statistically, a lump is far more likely to be benign, than cancer.
But whatever, the golden rule is always get them checked out quickly, and if they are not removed, always keep a watch on them for any changes.
Hello

I know its been a long time but can you tell us how things went with your dog? We have a Golden and she has a similar growth in the same location. Hopefully things went well. We are worried and just looking for some insight. Thank you