Dogs Community
Lumps on my Basset Hound

This forum is for questions and support regarding your pet dogs!

Lumps on my Basset Hound

My basset has developed some lumps on his back and some on his belly. Can you tell me what this is or maybe what has caused them? Some of them look to have burst and bleed a little.
Tags: lumps, Cyst
Avatar n tn
Hello, my 4 year old male Basset has developed similar lumps, or cysts.  My vet says they are normal in such breeds.  What have you heard?
Avatar n tn
my long haired  daschund has developed a lump on his back and belly what might these be
Some dogs are more prone to benign growths as they age than others.  Your best bet is to have them evaluated by your vet so you can determine (1) if treatment is necessary and (2) what that treatment should be.

I had a dog that got all kinds of lumps and bumps on him at about 10 years of age.  He made it to nearly 14, and none were malignant - ugly, but not malignant.  :-)
my male basset will be 10 and he has lumps all over, back, sides, tail, feet etc..some are larger than others. We have had him checked from head to toe test test test. Our Vet can not seem to find out what it is or what causes it. Does anyone else have the same probles? Thanks
My dog's not a Bassett, she's mixed breed Viszla with other breed(s) A mutt therefore.
She's lumpy as a rice pudding. Has been since she was young too. She has small lipomas and cysts, and gets tiny sebacious cysts too. But none of this spoils her beauty! Every new lump gets thoroughly checked out, but they are benign. Some of them even disappear.
Hi, do the lumps ever get real big? My Schip has one behind her head a little to her left and it's as big as a handful, I can wrap my hand around it.I am tempted to pull it off, But I know that is impossible, She doesn't mind me touching it, but today it's a little smaller. I noticed it a few months ago, then it went away...nearly. Then it's back? I been looking for similar stories and am suprised how many "Lumpy" dogs are out there.She is old. VERY OLD. But happy. Have you ever drained one? I did on a previous dog with excellent results, the day before the bi-opsy. He lived another 8 yrs. 14 when he passed. This one is over 16, easy. I have an appointment with the Vet. Thanks, Ed