Lymphoma
I noticed a lump in the soft tissue of my dog last nite. This morning it was twice the size and a aditional lump was on the opposite side of his trachea. The vet this morning thinks it is 9/10 chance of being a lymphoma. The results of the biopsy will be ready in about 2 daus ie 1/11/08.
What treatments are availabe for lymphoma?   My dog Ben has not had a decrease in appetite and just acts its normal self. He is 8 years old , a terrier mix that looks like a short leg Benji. Can anyone help?
***@****
I'm sorry to hear this news about your pet.  I have several friends who had pets with cancer, a few of them had chemotherapy or similar treatments for their pets and successfully extended their lives.  Take it one day at a time and wait until the tests come back... I'll be thining of you and Ben, keep us updated!
My Sheltie was just diagnosed with Lymphoma about 2 weeks ago.  When I took him in, I hadn't noticed any lumps but he was not eating.  The vet did a needle aspirite and it came back as lymphomas.  He said we could go with either chemo or steroids.  With chemo, it could put the cancer in to remission but will not cure it.  This could last anywhere from a few months to a year or so.  With kids and working, I did not have the funds to do chemo so we opted to go with steroids to keep him comfortable.  His appetite is back but the side effects of the meds are starting to show.  My vet would not stage the cancer so I'm unsure how much time we have.  I'm taking each day as it comes but I know time is short and we will have to make the decision to put him down.  Good luck with your dog.  :)