Dogs Community
Madness

This forum is for questions and support regarding your pet dogs!

Madness

Why my yorkie puppy is so hyperactive,barking and she looks mad? She is 9 weeks old
Hi Yoyo,

I just posted a question myself and then I read your message and thought I would give you my two cents.

It's sound like your puppy is just being a puppy.  However, I assume that you just recently got this puppy and it has seen a vet.  If not, you should take it in.  The vet can examine the pup and give appropriate vaccinations.  You can also bring up his behavior.  If this is healthy, it is probably just being an active puppy.  It could have fleas, and that you make a puppy upset, but this could be addresssed with the vet.  Also, read about the dogs breed, you can learn about specific behaviors and traits that you might not have been aware of.

At lot of the time, puppies that young will run around and expend alot of energy at one time, then the next thing you know they are out, sound asleep.

Assuming the puppy is healthy, this puppy has entered the phase in its life where socializing it will have a big impact on it's future.  I would take this puppy around all your friends, children, neighbors.  Also, other dogs.  However, take caution with dogs where you don't know if they have received proper immunizations.  In other words, take the puppy around people and their dogs that you trust.  NOT THE DOG PARK.  Balancing socilization and safety for the puppy can be tricky, but from 8 weeks to about 16 weeks it's the time you want to concerntrate on socialization. Also, after the puppy has had a rabies vaccination, enroll in an puppy obedience class.  You will learn how sometime you behavior triggers a dogs behavior and how to train your dog to behave and respect you.

Hope the get through this time.
\Puppies have what is called "energy bursts" followed by sleep.  This behavior is entirely normal.  What you have to do now that she is approaching the 1 year mark is exercise her on the leash.  Excited running around isn't beneficial when that is the only excercise a dog gets.  The more you walk your dog and expose him to the world outside of his territory, the more mentally balanced and socialized he will become.  Puppies learn so quickly at this age, so I hope you enroll in a puppy training class so you can learn how to effectively deal with behavior issues.