Mammary tumors in Dogs
may I post this article again by Dr. Becker....with info of the cause of cancerous (or benign)mammary tumors

http://healthypets.mercola.com/sites/healthypets/archive/2012/04/20/real-story-anubis.aspx
Thank you so much for this! I especially do appreciate this info. as my dog had a lump removed end of February. Lab analysis was that it was part-benign, part malignant (A much earlier fine-needle aspirate result was benign for this growth, that was why it wasn't removed earlier!)
She had the lump taken off, but there was a second smaller tumor, which 4 weeks later I asked the vet to remove too.
The vet removed ALL of her mammary tissue from the middle downwards, and both lymph nodes, though found no signs of anything suspicious above midline, so that mammary tissue remains.

My dog is very fit and well since her surgery. But I appreciate this extra information. I will discuss this with my vet. Thanks!