Milky red vaginal discharge
We have a 9 year old great dane/rott mix who has an intermittent milky red vaginal discharge.  I recently took her to the vet because she was throwing up for most of the day, could not have a BM and could not hold any food down.  They did a CBC, a urinalysis and an abdominal xray to rule out any foreign objects she may have eaten.  All came up negative or within normal limits, although she did have a slight raise in her white blood cell count.  She was given fluids, anti vomiting and antibiotic shots with pills to take for a month.  She has gotten her appetite back and seems to be normal, but the discharge continues.  It is not a continuous flow only small and periodic spots approximately 2cc.  It has only been 3 days, should I wait and let the antibiotics take better effect or is there a possibly threatening problem that the vet missed.  After the $600 bill I am hesitent to take her back this soon.
Is she spayed?
It almost sounds like pyometria a uterine infection.
I was thinking the same thing
If it is pyo then she is not spayed, and should be at 9 years and a mix
Yes, I meant to add it to the post, she was spayed at the age of 1
Would there have been anything negative on her CBC or the urine sample other than a raised white count?
Since the problem continues, some lab tests should be repeated.  Sometimes they come out normal in the early stages of illness.  Since she was spayed, I'm wondering about the possibility of a rectal fistula.
It has been 5 days since her problem started.  She has been eating normally and seems to be back on a normal potty regiment.  Her BM appears normal and her urine is normal color.  But, the mucus secretions from her vagina still continue, although we don't know how often because she was caught licking it up.  It has a blood like smell, but the color is more light milky brown with maybe a tint of red.  She has no other abnormal symptoms other than the periodic licking of her vagina.  We are still waiting to see if the Baytril antibiotics will work.
If it is perianal fistulas hopefully your vet knows about them.  BUT you say she is licking her vulva not her rectum so I really don't know.   Good Luck

Denise