Dogs Community
Mini Pin Puppy - Chihuahua Adult

This forum is for questions and support regarding your pet dogs!

Mini Pin Puppy - Chihuahua Adult

My Chihuahua (Male, 5 yrs old) and my Mini Pin (female 3 months old). The chihuahua is always chasing the mini pin and trying to bite at her. Sometimes it seems like play, Rex the chihuahua is wagging his tail with his ears up, but most times we can tell he is not playing with Princess the mini pin.  We have seen them playing together, but Rex is very protective and I am afraid he is trying to dominate Princess too much. Please let me know what you think.  Thanks.
What are you doing to stop this behavior?  Anything?  Nothing?  Does the Rex try to mount the other dog?  Mounting is not a sexual behavior - it is a dominating behavior, whether tried on another dog or a human.  Have you had the min pin since she was weaned?  How did the initial introductions go with Rex?  If you can give me a little more information on their general behavior and how you deal with disciplining unwanted behavior, I can give you a better answer.  :-)