Dogs Community
Molly peeing blood after spay

This forum is for questions and support regarding your pet dogs!

Molly peeing blood after spay

Molly was spayed Thursday.  I picked her up today after work (Friday).  I noticed that when she pees, there is blood in the urine.  She peed on the floor which she hasn't done in months, and there was blood in it as well.

Will she be ok until 8am tomorrow?
wish i had a answer , you should call the er they can tell you weather to bring her in or not, but i think if shes eating and acting ok than she be ok till tomorrow, but always better to be safe call the nerest animal hospital they can tell you .
If Molly were my dog, I would call the vet now. Any competent vet clinic should have an outgoing message directing you to an emergency number.  Bloody urine is in now way normal after spaying.  It may be something simple like a urinary tract infection, but the timing with the surgery is just too coincidental.  At least talk to an er vet clinic on the phone to find out what symptoms you may need to be aware of that indicate a life-threatening emergency.