Dogs Community
My 13 yr old Min Pin started bleeding

This forum is for questions and support regarding your pet dogs!

My 13 yr old Min Pin started bleeding

I have a 13 yr old  male Min Pin he weighs 28 lbs yesterday evening i noticed a bulge with a red spot on it on his anus last night i took him out he he tried to pooh but could only strain this morning i went to take him out and he had dried blood on his tail and his bed was covered with blood he was sleeping beside his bed on the rug my husband said he has hemoroids is that possible? what can i do for them at home or should i take him to the vet? other than being to fat he is a very healthy dog please respond thank you
No, I don't think it's a hemorroid, I would suspect an anal sac infection/rupture, which is quite serious. I would take him to the vet as soon as you are able. Put a warm compress on it to make sure it keeps draining.
Agree with puptrainer.  I had a dog that had recurring problems with anal glands.  You need oral antibiotics from the vet at the very least.
Yes, it is possible for a dog to have hemorrhoids and constipation.  Not sure if that's the case here.

I would recommend consulting your vet about this.  

I have three mini pins myself.  Yours is a great deal overweight.